FS: Shifter kart and enclosed trailer, autox or race

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: FS: Shifter kart and enclosed trailer, autox or race
From: "David Shreve" <ls1_1le@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:03:31 -0400
I just started going back to school part-time to get a graduate degree, and
I can already see that I can't devote the necessary time to both karting and
to school. I hardly had time to get in the kart before going back to school,
and it has only gotten worse. At this point, school has to take priority, so
I am selling my most beloved toy.

2000 CTS Rockit 125 chassis
-Very little time on chassis, never bent
-Only 2 races plus a five practice sessions and 2 SCCA Solo2 events
-Brembo disc brakes all around(freshly-bled)
-4130 Cro-moly tubing and beautiful welds throughout
-Meticulously maintained, never seen rain
-Nearly-new XL Tillett 1/4-pad seat
-Large C&R radiator
-AutoMeter water temp gauge
-Fresh axle bearings

CTS chassis' are reknown within the karting industry for high quality and
attention to detail. They are hand-built, exotic, pricy, and VERY good.

1999 Honda CR125 125cc engine
-New 2/2001
-Less than 2 hours time on it since new
-Fresh piston ring with only ~20 laps on it
-Race-prepped by pro kart engine builder Ray Cunningham of CTS
-Dome-top RS piston and ring
-Head milled for high compression
-O-ringed head(to eliminate leak-prone head gasket)
-Ported cylinder
-Super-Tech'ed 6-speed transmission
-RLV B4 tuned exhaust
-38mm flat-slide carb
-Many spare top end parts, gaskets, spark plugs, etc.
-Meticulously maintained, only used Redline fluids

This is a very well-built motor, built to the limit of the SCCA F125 rules.
This is a strong, reliable engine package making ~40hp.

2 sets of wheels

4 sets of tires
-Sticker MG Greens(soft compound)
-Almost new MG Yellows(medium compound)
-Sticker Bridgestone rain tires
-Half-used Bridgestone YGB practice tires

Various spares: chains(new), gears(new), tie rods(new), bearing
cassettes(new), bearings(new), carb jets(many still unused), etc.
Streeter big-wheeled kart stand(works well in grass and gravel paddocks)
Stationary kart stand
Honda factory service manual for CR125
Steel fuel can with ~3 gal of VP C12 race gas plus plastic fuel jug
Assortment of lubricants(all Redline)
Rib vest
Neck collar
Size medium gloves
Can include abrasion suit for a short, *ahem* portly, person

This is enough stuff to keep you going for 2 full years autocrossing or for
quite a while racing, leaving you to buy only race fuel and oil as needed. I
will include free advice on setup and maintenance intervals, as well as
contacts for the chassis builder, engine builder, as well as good sources
for parts, tires, and misc. bits.

This kart is a very fast package and will be competitive anywhere. If you've
never been on a shifter kart, this thing will scare the living daylights out
of you. It really is that quick.

It would cost about $10,000 to reproduce this package with new stuff.  And
mine is hardly used.

Will sell complete kart, parts, and accessories for $5250

Custom 5.5'x12' enclosed trailer
-New 10/2001, very low miles(~600 miles)
-3500-lb torsion axle with electric brakes
-Tire racks for kart tires
-6 D-rings in floor plus D-rings along one wall for tie-downs
-New, unused spare mounted on a matching wheel
-Aluminum frame
-Light weight(~900lbs empty) and easy to tow with 4cyl. truck
-Would also work well to carry small formula car, motorcycles, ATVs,
snowmobile, etc.

Will sell the trailer alone alone for $1500, roughly half of what I have
invested in it.

Or, save even more and buy the whole package for $6500.  You could show up
at my house, buy the package, hook up the trailer, and go straight to the
track or an autocross.  This is a complete, turn-key racing package.

Go B-Modified fast for the less than the price of an old, tired Formula
Ford!!

I am located just outside of Indianapolis, IN.

Dave