RE: Mobil 1 with SuperSyn (MEGO warning: Geek Content)

To: "James A. Crider" <autojim@worldnet.att.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mobil 1 with SuperSyn (MEGO warning: Geek Content)
From: "bruce haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 08:22:43 -0700
On Tue, 7 May 2002 15:25:45, Brian Berryhill said:

>I've been reading up about Mobil1's reforumlated SuperSyn oil... it looks
>like since they couldn't beat Castrol Syntec, they're now joining them,
>using less PAO in their formula.

I am constantly amazed at all the mis-informed BS floating around about
synthetics.
Anyone who thinks Mobil 1, in ANY form, is "bad" for your engine is nuts.
Anyone who
thinks Catrol is anywhere near as good as M1 is deluding themselves. I've
tried a
lot of oils and I pay attension to the results I get; mileage, driveability,
oil
usage rate, smoothness, etc. I now use M1 in ALL my cars including the 2.0
Pinto
EP autocrosser, 64 falcon Ranchero w/5.0/5 speed combo, 89 525i w/197,000
miles
and 2001 Z-3. I wouldn't put Castrol in my lawnmower (well, maybe there).
I've tried it and it sucks. I don't care if they do sponsor John Force.

        Just my 2 cents...  :-)
        Bruce Haden