Re: New cobra classing

To: SVPViper@aol.com
Subject: Re: New cobra classing
From: jeff@winchell.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:21:30 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 29 January 2002, SVPViper@aol.com wrote

> However it seems that although it is the 4V motor, with IRS... and has a
>6spd... a few
things have been sacrificied... the Aluminum Block is no more!  Chalk up 50lbs
in the
block right there...

> Then add another 50lbs for the Supercharger and BS...  then add 45 for the
>T56 vs T3650!
>
> So you are now talking another 150 lbs these cars are toting around... and
>100 of it is
on the nose!!

Ack. Sounds like the SP class would be in ESP since the motor is making no more
power than
the '00 Cobra R with an engine about as heavy too. Well, on the bright side, I
don't need
to be thinking about wanting to get a new motor for my car.<s>

Maybe the stock form of the car won't be in FS, but it definitely doesn't sound
like an SS
car to me.