Re: shock costs

To: <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: shock costs
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:53:24 +0200
> The typical cost for quality shocks is $800 - $4500, with a few exceptions
on
> either end.  It's not unusual for the $800 shocks to win over the $4500
ones.
>  It's very naive to think that if you install $6000 shocks you will
suddenly
> be God on wheels, kicking butt and taking names, as some have suggested. I
> hate to break it to you, but you're being beat by the DRIVER not their
> SHOCKS!

You are being beaten by both.  If the shocks were no benefit, then they
wouldn't be on the car.  Take a top driver and clone him.  Clone his car
too.  Put well setup Koni SA'a on one car and well setup Psycho-Shocks on
the other.  If he is faster on the psycho shocks, then the above argument
doesn't work.

Most aren't naive enough to think that they would be a class champion if not
for the shocks.  We also are not naive enough to believe that they are not
an advantage.