Re: More Shocks and rules

To: alextzi@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: More Shocks and rules
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:37:20 EST
In a message dated 1/12/02 11:28:54 AM Central Standard Time,
alextzi@yahoo.com writes:

> What Im saying is make the exposed rod distance the
> same as stock (or plus/minus a small amount), when the
> shock is off the car, ie, not when at the static ride
> height of a lowered car.

you just eliminated almost every aftermarket shock, now the choice would be
OE or custom only, some vary by 1/2" or more just in stroke.  That's why the
1" variance came about.  As I was informed, the variance came about regarding
a commonly available replacement shock that had a different stroke than OE
and it was not a "small amount".

The magnitude and/or scope of this topic is deeper than many of us realize.

Mark