re: event electricity

To: "AutoX" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: event electricity
From: "Dan Morency" <DMorency@gwi.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:12:47 -0500
We run the portable, a 15 inch regular monitor, the PA system and a printer.

We use 2 BIG deep cycle batteries, a 600 watt continuous inverter and a
backup/ups (500VA) When the battery starts going down the UPS beeps and
supports the system while you change over. You can always use an idling car
as a last resort. with 2 batteries we can usually limp through an event even
if they were not recharged. Important! you should draw down and recharge
deep cycle batteries or they gain memory effect and lose capacity, you don't
have to ask to know how we determined that one...

The generator no matter how small does put out exhaust fumes, not a good
thing for the people running the system. You have to maintain them too!

Dan Morency
President
Cumberland Motor Club
Maine