My Christmas Present

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: My Christmas Present
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 12:56:41 -0500
Last summer my wife and I attended an air show at the 911th Air National
Guard base at Pittsburgh International Airport. One of the civilian
airplanes on display was a perfectly restored 1936 Beecraft C17B
Staggerwing, painted a two tone light and dark torquoise with white stripes.
I have loved these airplanes since I was a kid, and being able to walk
around one and actually touch it was a joy. God they are just so, so pretty.

This morning, I opened a box and there was a t-shirt with a color photo of
that plane on the front with the logo "Staggerwings are really neat! and get
this...A certificate for a 20 minute ride in the same airplane I saw at the
airshow last summer. WOW!

It ain't autocrossing, but this is going to be one outstanding ride! I am
really looking forward to that experience.

Larry Steckel