Re: autox insurance

To: David Cramer <dcramer@translationtech.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: autox insurance
From: Eric Linnhoff <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:31:36 -0800
> And...Why shouldn't insurance companies cover this? Am I not paying my
insurance
> bill? We are conditioned to believe that insurance companies have the
right to
> drop us whenever they want and to not insure us all the time.
>
> I know it was my fault. But isn't that what insurance is for? To cover
> accidents, even if they are our fault?
=======================================
Agreed.  Believe me, the daily rush hour (HA!) traffic around here gives me
a far, FAR greater chance for wrecking the car and getting someone hurt than
does any controlled-environment speed event like an autocross or a track day
event.

The idiots, morons, unaware and self involved people that surround me in
traffic every day scare me far worse than does having a light pole within 30
feet of a course or concrete walls lining the edge of the road course.

Now, we just have to convince some insurance companies of that.  Just
remember to never use the "R" word in your dealings with them.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Neon R/T (see-dan)
#69 STS   #13 TLS
knuckledragger@kcweb.net