Re: "P" rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "P" rules
From: Mike Smith <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:15:14 -0500
I think the both of ya are on opposite ends of the same stick...

To me, the GCR statement in the SoloII rules only requires the minimum
required equipment necessary for a GT-1 prepped car. Period. The car need
not have ever stepped a wheel onto a road race course, needs no log, etc...
Solo II allows the removal of the fire supression system, and The GCR
itself has only slightly more specific outline for the roll-cage than the
SoloII book does, which is none since Solo doesn't require one at all
unless the car is open. Combine that with the fact that most P cars already
have fuel cells, and run plastic windows, those become common denominators.

Mark - the GT-1 weight penalty is a Solo II rule, not a GCR rule. It's a
penalty for running a GT-1 car. The added weight is supposed to make sure
the GT-1 cars are level with the Production-based Prepared cars. It's
supposed to be over and above what the GCR requires. (you already know what
I think about that "parity")

Rocky, currently, in P (CP to be more specific), Mark is correct about
engine setback, and I'd like to add Mustang crossmembers. EITHER of those
will get you the 10% "in excess" penalty even though a car with either of
those mods alone would not be fully GT-1 legal.

The point is, that either of those mods is LEGAL in the GCR, on a
standalone basis. I think that's why the book says "up to"... It means you
can do some of it,  or all of it, but any of it gets you the 10% penalty.

Mike
CP 58