Re: Shift point equation

To: cary alpert <cary_alpert@yahoo.com>, GTI-VR6 <list@gti-vr6.net>,
Subject: Re: Shift point equation
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 13:26:14 -0600
I don't know of an actual equation, other than knowing at what RPM your
torque maxes out.  Some straight line testing will reveal the best shift
points depending on what your trying to accomplish.  Since this is an
Autocross list however, I will toss out there that theoretical shift points
don't mean a whole lot in AX.  Many (most?) times, there are advantages in
short-shifting or in bopping the rev limiter a couple times.

> Does anyone know the correct equation for determining
> the best shift points (not for economy!!!!)?
>
> Thanks

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer