Re: Dodge Truck Problem

To: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>,
Subject: Re: Dodge Truck Problem
From: "Bruce Haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 06:22:23 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
To: <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>; "Team.Net"
<autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 3:02 PM
Subject: Dodge Truck Problem

> Pardon the slightly (I use the truck to carry my car) off topic post.
>
> I have a 92 Dodge W250 Extended Cab, long bed, 4WD automatic (yech),
Diesel
> truck

Don't rule out the trans. I've heard several people (and also know a couple
myself)
who have had trans problems with similar applications behind diesels. Don't
know
how you use the truck, but I've heard from numerous owners that the auto
behind the
Dodge diesel is marginal in durability to the point that you shouldn't tow
heavy loads
in OD. Checking the rear output bushing/bearing for wear/slop would be easy
as a start
"Driving" the car with the wheels in the air sounds like a good idea but
obviously, be
careful. I've done it before and it's not as hairy as it sounds. U-joints
also sound good
except you said you changed them, soooo....?

    Bruce Haden