To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, "Team.Net"
Subject: Summary: Dodge Truck Problem
From: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:53:54 -0500
Well, the consensus seems to be U-Joints.  I failed to mention that I had
replaced those in the not too distant past (maybe a year ago).  BUT, that
doesn't mean I don't have a bad one.  It makes sense that it is a U-joint
problem since I just cleaned up the shop to make room for disassembling the
440 and the press is stuffed away in a corner :-).  I've had them fail
prematurely before due to installation mistakes (too high torque?) and
neglect.  I should put a little note next to the front suspension somewhere
that says don't forget to grease the U-joints again :-).  I do the whole
front end every oil change, but can't remember the last time I did the
U-joints.

It doesn't sound like it is the transmission, which is "A good thing".

I'll check out the Turbodieselforum site and get on another list.  I'd been
to the DTOA (Dodge Truck Owners Association) site and joined their list but
I don't think those guys realize the Dodge even sells a Diesel.

I had the front end aligned when I bought new tires and have the balance
checked at each rotation so I don't think it is the tires.

Thanks for all of the help.

Ron (clean fingernails for now) Madurski
FM 124