Re: [evolution-disc.] 2001-2002 index comparisons

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, "Team.Net"
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] 2001-2002 index comparisons
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:17:02 -0500
--On 11/20/2001 1:44 PM -0500 I wrote:
> Classes towards the top of the charts have gotten "harder", while classes
> towards the bottom have gotten "easier".
>
> Note: The changes this year are pretty big compared with past years.
> In particular, the ES change is, I believe, the largest we've seen in
> years in any class.

Several folks have noted that due to the Stock Category reorganization,
several of the class comparisons aren't all that meaningful, and have
asked that I repost with different mappings.

This would be too big to do in my, uh, "spare time" in order to accomodate
all of the various mappings.

I would recommend that because AM barely changed relative to the median
with either index system, you can simply compare your index last year to
your index this year.  If the number is lower, you'll have an easier time
this year.  If the number is higher, you'll have a tougher time this year.
That's not true every year, but it's a pretty reasonable approximation
this year.

If the change is 0.001-0.003, the difference is pretty minor.
0.004-0.008 is noticable, and larger than that is quite significant.

That's about the best I can offer right now.

Mark