Subject: Re: Timing Equipment

To: aschmiechen@discovercolor.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: Re: Timing Equipment
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:57:06 -0500
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>

I'm quite new to AutoX/TS but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit run
times on the fly.

-This is true. I've found that the best method is to have a pad of paper
next to your laptop to write notes about things that need to be edited
after the run group finishes. For example car 13 FS 2nd run is wrong or
should be such and such. I'm assuming you have the timer entering times
directly into the computer. It's real easy to add or delete cone counts
and to add or delete DNFs on the fly. You can do it right at the end of
the run by hitting + or - for cones or * for DNFs. If you miss it then
you can hit the F keys to edit as long as they still show on the screen.
I always tell the guy with the course radio to wait until the run is
finished to tell me cones or DNFs. It's just too hectic to do them on the
fly if you are running the cars close together (we typically run with a
20 second separation).

-We used to try to edit everything in real time but ended up having to
shut down the event. Once we started using the notepad our events have
speeded up significantly.

-Now as far as a rerun, I just make a note that car# class had a rerun on
its 3rd run for example. Then after the run group finishes, I go into the
Registration database and edit the runtimes there. I delete the rerun
runs and make any changes necessary at that time. Usually it only takes
about 5 minutes, or less, to edit the whole run group (40 cars). If you
have the program set up for a specific number of runs (we have it set for
4) the first 4 runs will show up on the results but all the runs show up
in the database for editing.

-I'm copying this message to the autox.officials@topica.com email list.
This is a great forum for event organizers. You can subscribe to that
list by sending a blank email message to:
autox.officials-subscribe@topica.com

 If I could select a driver who just finished, by pressing
one of the F keys and then reassign them a time, this would be ideal for
when problems arise on course.

I also haven't found a way to label a run as a re-run.  Anyone have
suggestions for this?

- -A.