More Truck Advice

To: wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com
Subject: More Truck Advice
From: Scott R Sawyer <reddog_es22@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:45:00 -0500
Well, it looks like we may have found a good deal for a tow vehicle. Most
advice I got from the lists was that bigger was (generally) better. We
had been looking at a 1500 regular cab short bed but we hadn't been able
to find a 2001 (cheap financing) one in the area. One of the local lots
has a 2000 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 liter V-8 and automatic tranny with a
list price of $23,000. There was a 2000 1500 V-6 next to it that they
were advertising at $3000 below sticker, so hopefully we'll be able to
work out a similar deal. If so the 2500 will cost about what we were
planning on spending on the 1500. Don't know if it has the towing package
or not, I'll be checking on Monday when they open. Anyone have any
experience with this motor and/or transmission? The long bed adds to the
overall length by a decent chunk, but we'll know more after we drive it
later this week. How does the mileage compare between the 4.8, 5.3, and
the 6.0 liter motor? The 2wd 2500 looks like it sits about as high as the
4wd 1500. Is that because the suspension is stiffer (higher tow rating)?
Once again, TIA!

Scott Sawyer
1991 Honda Civic Si, HS 22
Team Underdog Racing, Underdog F&C