Re: Nats shirts yet?

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: Re: Nats shirts yet?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 00:05:46 -0600
Some of you may have missed the earlier notes on this.

Mike Fuller -- the "T-shirt guy" we all know at Nationals and the president
of Bear Promotions, came home to Salina, Ks., from Nationals to find his
staff in the midst of what turned into a helluva fund-raising project in
response to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The project has raised more than
$100,000, but in the process virtually shut him down from regular business
for almost a month.

They came up with a simple white Tee with the flag and Statue of Liberty on
it, and lettering of "God Bless America and United We Stand." Demand was so
heavy, he had to recruit volunteers to handle the load of requests, and take
over an empty building next to his own (donated, I believe) just to work
from. This was huge.

He sold these Tees for just $6 each, and sent everything beyond the cost of
the shirt to New York. For more than a month Bear Promotions was a
non-profit charity, not even doing any commercial business. It became
consumed by this one project, which went far beyond anyone's expectations
and the response caught everyone totally by surprise. If you do the math, it
comes to more than 20,000 shirts! He finally just had to call a halt to it
all so he could get back to paying work so he could pay his staff!

Obviously, he became way behind on his commercial projects, and he is
flogging like crazy now to catch up. If you know Mike, you know him as a
conscientious individual. Be patient. Your Nationals attire will get there
eventually.

--Rocky Entriken