Re: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

To: bhaden@ucsd.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 02:02:22 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/01 9:04:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, bhaden@ucsd.edu
writes:

> There weren't many American ones that would either unless they were
> VERY well "prepared" by the factory or one of its "contractors"! EG;
> the Boss 302 and original Z-28 were mid 14 cars in actual stock form.
> It took a LOT of work and drag slicks to get them near the low 13s.

I said "any, not "many."  There were 413 and 426 wedge Mopars in '63-65 that
would do 13s, stock.  My overall point is that European cars from the '60's
were not as fast in a straight line as domestic stuff.  Our fastest vs. their
fastest, our median vs. their median, whatever fair comparison you want to
make.  Just don't compare the fastest, lightest, modified  Euro car vs. the
average automatic American small block "musclecar."

CHD