Re: Autocross: We're No. 3!

To: <Jeff@Winchell.Com>, <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Autocross: We're No. 3!
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 17:13:19 -0500
Autocross did not make the list? Neither, apparently, did road racing (other
than F1).

Okay, here's the real reason. Those are links to e-mail lists hosted on
YahooGroups. NOT a comprehensive compilation of all e-mail lists. Team.Net
is on Team.Net, not on YahooGroups. Ergo, not listed on YahooGroups' list.
If you are an autocrosser, you find your way to Team.Net. If you are a road
racer, you find your way to Wheel to Wheel (also hosted on a private
server). Compuserve's Motor Sports Forum has an autocross category (and a
road racing category). Very little action there either.

Then again, to show just how scientifically based these Yahoo categories
are, I peeked into a couple of categories. Under Rallying I found:

>>>psycoticindividual
This group is for people in the spokane area who belive that one cannot live
life without first facing death. List events, parties, stories. (BECAUSE ITS
SO HARD TO FIND ANYTHING TO DO IN THIS TOWN)<<<

It may be comforting to know there were no recent messages on that list!

--Rocky Entriken