Re: Saturns in Stock Class - DS/GS

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Saturns in Stock Class - DS/GS
From: Jester097@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:17:27 EDT
Also.....  dont forget the sentra SE-R as a factor in the new GS.

But what about saturn SC2/SL2's in GS?  I'm curious to see how my car will
stack up next year, its fairly competitive against the current range of ES
cars (especially if i were driving it faster).  I think its worthwhile to
keep the car,  i like them and i dont want a new car - but i will be going
with a set of custom shocks over the winter - shocktek i think.   This, along
with some light(er) wheels should help me close the gap somewhat.  Specs on
the car:

Weight: 2250 lbs
Power: 124HP@6400
Torque: 122 ft-lbs@4800 (80-90% of that is available down below 3,000 rpm,
its not a peaky motor - good torque curve for a 1.9L)

Its also got pretty short gearing - 2nd gear tops at around 50mph on the
smaller than stock size R-tires, and thats at redline (6500) - i tend to
shift around 6100-6300.   But it moves well.....  But i'm afraid that as my
driving gets better the car will come up short against the LSD and more power
the sentra SE-R has or cars with real suspensions, like a celica GT.

-Ryan 95SC2 #88ES (2002 GS)

In a message dated 8/31/01 10:41:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,