Re: SoloII tire help?

To: "Geoffrey S. Peterson" <gpeterson@co.chemung.ny.us>,
Subject: Re: SoloII tire help?
From: "Dave Kizerian" <davekizerian@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:11:10 -0600
Geoffrey
with that tire size I'm almost sure you're running a MK IV (99+) GTi VR6, if
you want to remain in G-stock I'd probably recommend finding any 16" wheel
you like, putting your street tires on them, and buying a set of Kumho race
tires for your stock wheels. I have a GTi 1.8T that I ran for a while in GS,
I tried a big front sway-bar, and a set of custom valved Koni's from
ProParts, it did ok but wasn't close to the type-R's, I have since gone to
STS, adding springs, a HUGE rear bar, and 225/17/45 kumho712's.
feel free to e-mail me off the list if you have any other questions.

Dave Kizerian
URSCCA
'01 VW GTI 1.8t