Forwarded: Smallish race tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Smallish race tires
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:24:26 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than autox@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:27:00 -0700 (PDT)
     From: Keith Srakocic <Keith944T@excite.com>
     Subject: Smallish race tires

Hi,

After running my 944Turbo in stock configuration at a mere 3 events...
I'm considering taking the leap to a mod class... E mod.. for next year.

I figure I won't be the least bit competetive in the "regional SM2" class
anyway. And I remember what a BIG difference it was to go from sticky
"stock" tires to slicks. Plus the fact that they are a whole lot lighter
(the tires), and oddly enough, I got better tire life out of slicks than I
did the others on my CP Mustang.

Well, here's the problem,
Does anybody make a slick for a 16 x 8 wheel for a 2800LB car?
I don't plan on messing with the body, and this is the biggest wheel that
fits under the car. I would considewre 17's but I think the tires get even
bigger (need wider wheels)

Since I'm Digest only please respond directly.

Thanks,

Keith