Re: Newbie! Question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie! Question
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <pullg@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:31:33 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Carson Black <cfbjr@yahoo.com>

> What class would my 2001 Mazda Protege MP3 fit into. I
> am assuming H Stock from what I have read, but I could
> be totally wrong. The MP3 comes "stock" with upgraded
> suspension components and exhaust. The engine is
> pretty much stock but I think they did some tweaking
> to the computer. What do you think?

If it falls within the existing classing for the Protege (as in
Mazda,Protege, all, no years listed), then that's what you go with.  The
factory tweaks don't matter -- that's stock as delivered, and yours to
enjoy.  If it hasn't been classed yet, you'll have to ask the registration
folks -- technically, it bumps to SS(!), but I don't think they'll make you
run with Z06s....

> Any good tips for a newbie?

I think there's a link to Kate Hughes newbie guide on the SFR Solo web
page -- that's a good one to check out.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing