Odyssey batteries

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Odyssey batteries
From: Ed Sawyer <sawyer@waterville.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:02:07 -0400
RE: lightweight batteries - I second the Oddyssey recommendation. But they
get *much* lighter than what the other fellow mentioned. I have 3 different
cars which are all running off of Oddyssey 14lb. batteries (not sure of
model # offhand), They start and run the cars fine, including a 2.3L DOHC
Honda Prelude motor.  Cost is about $60-80 depending on where you get it
(*not* at Racer wholesale or Porterfields... they are way overpriced).
There are some good places listed on the Hawker Energy website (who
actually makes these). I mount them in the passenger compartment usually on
the floor behind pass. seat, works out great, no box needed. I usually run
a 100 amp 12v circuit breaker for the positive line leading to the engine
compartment. These are available from good car audio stores for $25 or so.
(Monster Cable makes them I think).

Good luck,
-Ed Sawyer