Re: Corvette Brake Pads

To: jim_ochi@yahoo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Corvette Brake Pads
From: Stlandstra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:04:25 EDT
Jim -

I'm running Hawk HPS pads on my Z06.  I tried Hawk HP Plus, but thought they
lacked a little in the first corner or two due to the lower temperature of
the pads.  The HP Plus pads need a little more heat to work well.  The HPS
pads seem to work well at the lower temps before you get much heat in them
and also work well at autocross operating temps.  I have been happy with the
Hawk HP Plus pads for 20 minute track sessions at Pocono, but hear they dust
a lot and therefore don't make a very good street pad unless you want to
clean the wheels often.

Hope this helps.

Steve Landstra
01 Z-06 Corvette