WRX & wind

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: WRX & wind
From: James Rogerson <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:20:47 -0500
Digest level responses:
WRX:
I didn't say anything about the WRX setup because I just knew someone that
owned one would.  I've driven just about every make and model that runs in
Houston.  I'm the chief car slut for the region.

The WRX does not handle at all like the 2.5 RS.  A lot of that can be
attributed to gearing as well as the suspension and tires.  I thought the
car was pretty neutral compared to the 2.5 RS, not a lot of push and not a
lot of looseness either.  Didn't notice much lag and the throttle response
was easy to manage, but that could be a result of what I'm accustomed
to.  8^)  Of course the disclaimer, "IMHO."
At the Lubbock Pro the WRX was faster in the morning than in the
afternoon.  Owner said the car felt like it had more umph in the colder
air.  We have several running in Houston, they do OK, but don't
dominate.  Mostly course dependant.

Wind:
If you ever wish to see cones flying, go to Lubbock in the
spring.  8^)  Thank you Steve for that demonstration at the Pro.  At least
it's easy to pick up cones when they are all stacked against the fence.
Scott McQueen's Sprite with it's little 2 liter motor can knock those cones
down when the exhaust was pointed out to the side.  He turned it up to stop
the problem.

James Rogerson
  [FP #125] - Techless Racing
jwalter@ptra.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"When law and morality contradict one another, the citizen has the cruel
alternative of either losing his sense of morality or losing his respect
for the law."  - Federic Bastiat