Re: WRX help please

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WRX help please
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:10:37 -0700 (PDT)
> For now, try the FWD tuning method:  Get the front
> to stick as well as possible
> by any means available.  Then overinflate the rear
> tires until the car can be
> tossed into the corners.

When tuning you should probably think of it as a front
wheel drive car since it has a fixed front to rear
power ratio with most of it going to the front.  After
driving my brother's WRX I would definitely not
recommend putting a smaller sway bar on in front.  I
didn't autocross it but was able to diagnose that the
car would definitely need some much stiffer shocks to
be a comfortable autocross car.  I'd probably ideally
want a stiffer bar in the front with much stiffer
shocks in the rear, and possibly some toe out.  I am
not too sure where the manufacturers are as far as
developing shocks for them.  Companies like proparts
can custom make them but that costs a lot of money.  A
couple of WRX drivers on this list I'm sure could tell
you setup starting points and when shocks will be
available, or if they already are.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/