FS - VW-based kit car

To: Team Dot Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: FS - VW-based kit car
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:38:07 -0500
Hey, gang!

I've been contacted by the widow of former Red River Region member Dan
Langley.  She wants to sell his VW-based kit car - some type of
Porsche knock-off, if I remember correctly - which has been sitting up
since he was killed in a bike accident in 1993.  Her name is Cherry
Langley.  She's in Carrollton, Texas - north of Dallas.  Here's her info:

"The chassis is a 1968 vw beetle, he put a new engine in it in 1988 or
1989, I think it is 1600 cc, light blue, black interior - has Recaro
seats (which need to be welded into the car again),  no air
conditioning, has heat, am/fm cassette.  It will need some work on the
engine as it leaks oil and has been sitting in the garage since Dan
died in 1993.  Asking $4,000.  Call 972-492-5436 or email
CLan4026@aol.com"

That's about all I can tell you.  I'm pretty sure the car was either a
  Beck Spyder or 356 knock-off.  I've slept a few times since I last
saw it!  I do remember that Dan was meticulous in its assembly.  The
oil leak may be nothing more than traditional VW rocker covers!  I
also think that, after tripping over it for eight years, Cherry just
wants it out of the garage.  If you're interested, or know somebody
who might be, give her a shout.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman