Re: Championship vs Points Series (was "A Central Location")

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Championship vs Points Series (was "A Central Location")
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:26:45 -0500
You have to attend a minimum number of events.  This means more
potential for conflicts.  I have not made all these events this
year...just can't do it this year.  I have not qualified for a *local*
points series in three years because it's three and a half hours away
from me, they require 6 of 7 events to qualify, and invariably the dates
conflict with something in "real life".  Remember that?

O.K. let's say you only require three events to qualify.  Now you get
into who was there at this event, who wasn't at that event, blah,
blah,...  The results are skewed by things like this.  Same goes for
Nat's, but it's only a one shot deal.  Going head to head on the field
of honor is the only way, IMO.  Get ready all year, let the feathers fly
at Topeka.  Face it, unless there is tow money, the "haves" will make
the events and post results, while the "have-nots" won't make the three
or whatever minimum number of events across the country and will not
qualify.  At least there is a chance when it is one big blast in
Kansas.  Besides, I just got a car after being a slut all year.  I would
SOL right now.  At least I can go and try for a trophy in my new car.
IMO of course.