Re: WTB, Truck cap for '98 Chevy

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WTB, Truck cap for '98 Chevy
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:49:35 -0700
On Monday, August 13, 2001, at 08:40 PM, Mark J. Andy wrote:
> I'm in the market for a truck cap for a '98 chevy fullsize 8' bed.
> Truck
> is white.  I need something that looks decent, doesn't leak, and doesn't
> need work.  Fiberglass or AL ok.  I'm in Pittsburgh, PA.
>
> Anyone got anything?  How about recommendations for cap dealers around
> Pgh?

What's interesting about this post is that most people in the Northwest
wouldn't have the slightest idea what a "cap" is. It wasn't until I had
a roommate from Boston after college that I ever heard the term. We call
them "canopies" here, I understand that in some parts of the country
they are called "toppers" and I think there is at least one more
regional term for them that I can't remember off the top of my head
right now.

- Alan