Off Topic Re: New Virus Spreads using Acrobat Files

To: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off Topic Re: New Virus Spreads using Acrobat Files
From: "Eric Marshall" <noviceautoxer@home.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:58:22 -0500
I can only imagine that a lot of Hackers would like to exploit this too - sort
of a payback to Adobe for getting that Russian
programmer/hacker Dmitry Sklyarov arrested.  We'll have to watch how that case
progresses.

The GOOD thing is it only activates with the FULL version of Adobe Acrobat (NOT
Acrobat Reader).  That doesn't have nearly the
installed base as say Outlook/Outlook Express - and that narrows the pool of
those who get the virus (and spread it) significantly.

ERIC