Road America Hotel Problems

To: chicago@twingles.com
Subject: Road America Hotel Problems
From: <steve.cirian@us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:11:22 -0400
I apologize for this being off-topic, but just in case anyone is planning
on going to Road America and is looking for a hotel room:

Lazar and I both had our reservations canceled at the AmericInn that we had
booked for the Brian Redman International Challenge.

I had a confirmation number, and had guaranteed the
room for late arrival with my credit card.  When I called the hotel for
directions, they had given my room away.  They said it was because I did
not check in by 6 PM.  I asked what the reservation confirmation number and
credit card guarantee for late arrival meant then.  Nothing, was the
hotel's
response.  A credit card guarantee for late arrival does not guarantee late
arrival.

We ended up having to spend an hour calling around trying to find a hotel,
at 11 PM at night.  We ended up having to drive an hour back down to the
outskirts of Milwaukee for the closest hotel that still had availability at
that time.  That hotel did not have any regular rooms available, only a
premium suite for more than $100 more a night than my AmericInn
reservation.  And it was a smoking room.

I called the AmericInn corporate offices to file a complaint.  They have so
far not been very helpful - since the AmericInn hotels are franchised,
corporate says that they can't do much other than fill out a complaint and
fax it to the hotel we tried to stay at.  After an unsatisfactory call from
the hotel in WI, I called corporate back, and they said they could fill out
another complaint.  I don't think that will do much good, since the hotel
said they would not do anything for me.

The corporate guy said they had received a number of complaints on that
hotel doing the same thing to others.

If anyone had a similar (or ANY) problem with the AmericInn hotel, please
call corporate and complain.  Individually, I don't think they are going to
do anything.  But if they get enough complaints, maybe they will force
their franchise to help us.  The corporate number for guest relations is:

     888.490.8669

The hotel number in WI (off of I-43) is:

     262.285.3566

If anyone had problems, please send me your name and the nature of
your complaint, and I will call their corporate office back as a
representative of "the car clubs" and see if we can get any help as a
group.  (Also send me anything like reservation numbers, etc.)

I am hoping to get reimbursed for the cost difference of the room we were
forced to take for $100 more, and maybe the gas for the longer drive down
to Milwaukee and back.

Cheers,

Steve
http://www.ScuderiaCiriani.com/rx7