time trial/autocross this weekend in upstate NY.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: time trial/autocross this weekend in upstate NY.
From: "Seth Achilles" <SACHILLES@SUGARBUSH.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:10:07 -0400
If your not going to the divisionals at Griffis.

The Sports Car Club of Vermont is hosting an Autocross format time
trial at Saint Lawrence Motor Park this weekend(8/4-8/5). SLMP is a
newly created go-kart track. It is approximately 0.75 miles long, and
averages 28 feet wide. It is a roadcoarse layout, with plenty of
runout room(no walls). Depending on setup, a maximum of two cars
will be allowed on course at any given time.
Saturday is practice and Sunday is the competition. Saturdays
times will be used for Sundays competition if the weather doesn't
cooperate(IE tornado, or torrential downpour). Expect to compete in
the rain(none in forcast) if it mother nature presents it.

We have a rather unique set of rules for out club, make sure you
check them out at www.sccv.org. Directions are also at the site, but
I will include them here.
We consider this a high speed event, and our insurance and
common sense these additional rules. Convertables must have a roll
bar that is clearly above the drivers helmet. Long sleeve shirts and
pants of natural fibers are required.
Camping is available on site at no cost, but don't expect much. An
outhouse is the only facility on site. You are free to arrive friday
evening.
Cost for the event is $60. Sunday only competitors are welcome,
however there is not a discounted price. They also run the risk of
encountering a full event. We currently have under 30 pre-
registered for the event. There will be a cap of 60 competitors.

Approx. Directions:

0 Exit 17 on I-89 North
25.6 Exit 21 (route 78 west)
36.9 Route 78 to Route 2
49.9 Route 87 (landmark)
56.5 Route 11 and Route 22 split in Mooers, NY (watch signs!) Stay on
Route 11
84.2 Route 11 crosses Route 374 (landmark)
97.8 Route 11 to Route 37 west (right turn)
120.4 Shell gas station (landmark)
134.7 Intersection with Main Street: McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Ponderosa
136.4 Route 37 crosses route 56 (landmark)
170.1 Route 37 crosses route 68 (landmark)
180.9 Mobil gas station on your right (landmark)
181.8 Left turn onto High Street (I think I have the name correct)(very
small SLMP sign on right before turn)
182.1 Mills Road/SLMP
Note: If you miss the turn for High Street (assuming this is the name)
you
will find yourself at the intersections of route 22, 37 and 58. Turn
around!

If you have any questions do not hesitate to give me a call or drop me an
email. Home number is 802.496.9384 or work802.583.6529.
There is a link on our site to SLMP, just click on SLMP in the schedule
section and it will take you to the tracks website. It gives you an excellant
description of track.

Thanks, hope to see you there. I'll be the guy in the gray mini/ or beasty
looking car carrier.

Seth Achilles
Publicity Director for the SCCV

SETH ACHILLES