re: Quad 4 info?

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Subject: re: Quad 4 info?
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:06:10 -0500
Eric

There is a mailing list that is an excellent source of info. It is
quadfourm@yahoo.com. These guys can really help with any
Q4 problems, including parts location (both performance and
stock) and troubleshooting. There are over 400 members of
this list, and the archives alone will probably address any
questions you have, including the white smoke.

You will hear about Mantapart as a source. I had bad dealings
with this company - I would recommend you stay clear of Tim.
He sold me a belt drive unit for mine in 1998 - I still haven't
received a single pulley for this unit, nor has there ever been
an offer to repay the $850 when he couldn't deliver. All I have
received for years is lip service. There are many other reasons,
and I could go on, but I think you get the message.

The non-HO engines were bad about head gaskets, so from
what you describe, I think you have probably nailed the white
smoke problem. I would almost bet that if you have all the fluids
in that engine, you would find it smokes just as you described -
at least when the engine gets warmed up.

Actually, it sounds like an excellent Team Laughing Stock car!!

Hope this helps.