Re: Big Brother is watching

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching
From: "brianbec1" <brianbec1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:17:23 -0700
It's real.  Happened to a friend of mine, & I was present (I helped him tow).
Details: service manager downloaded OBDII (or is it III?) from my friend's '99
Hardtop vette (not Z06).  Data showed multiple overrevving events (a.k.a.
"aggressive heel-toe downshifts" :-).  Warranty denied on bent valve & piston
damage.

During heated discussion, the assertion was (presumably informally) made that
GM warranty is meant to cover street use.  If you take your car to the limits
in performance driving (not even racing), you're pretty much on your own.