RE: How to rotate slicks?

To: Scott Peterson <scott.peterson2@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: How to rotate slicks?
From: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:28:04 -0400

That's good to know because I was having a real hard time trying to picture
why the rears were wearing unevenly on a solid axle car.

> Rocky is right, flip the tires on the rim and put the best/newest
> tires on the front.

That's what I was planning and actually did last evening.  I had purchased
one of those mini tire changers from Harbor Freight ($24.99 I think) and
used it for the first time.  The tires came off easily and the first bead
goes on easily but the top bead is A LOT of work.  Took me about 30
minutes/tire.  It has to bolt on to something solid so I just welded a plate
to some 1/4" 2x2 I had around and stuck it in the truck hitch.  I'm going to
try to hit an event in Pittsburgh this weekend so I'll know if doing this
upset the handling.

Thanks again.