RE: Tire Bags

To: "'Vince Bly'" <vbly@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: RE: Tire Bags
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:37:24 -0500
Yes, but your bags aren't nearly as pretty as my yellow ones.  :^P

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
knuckledragger@kcweb.net
ICQ#101282513

====================================
There is another way.  Old fashioned hardware stores sell grass seed of
various kinds in barrels.  The seed is shipped to them in heavy plastic
bags.  Since the hardware store doesn't need the bags any more, they
will usually give you as many as you want free.  I split the bags along
one edge and combine a pair (using racer's tape) to make a bag big
enough to hold a good sized tire and wheel.  These bags are waterproof
and much more rugged than trash bags.  Also, they make less noise if
you have them in the back seat and drive with the window down.  I've
used the same set for two years now, just refurbishing the tape over
the winter.

                                         Vince Bly  #49 STS