Re: Oscoda report(s)?

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oscoda report(s)?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 22:31:43 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Matt Murray wrote:
> Well, I was hoping for a *little* more in-depth than that. I guess you
> didn't have a good day. How about the rest? Weather, snacks, anecdotes?

Hrm... Lesse.

Lite turnout, only 6 groups, which makes worker switches a little more
interesting.  Weather was great all day until group 6 when a shower hit in
the afternoon (coincidently I run in group six and managed to RL both
right side runs this morning... :-/).  By all reports group 6 (which has
most/all of he slick-tired cars) was reasonably entertaining to watch...
:-)

Don't eat at the brew pub if you come here.  Go to AuSable Inn (or
something like that).  Especially don't get the clam chowder at the brew
pub.  Really.

Sam Strano did a good job on the courses.  Pretty straight forward (said
the slow guy), good mix of hp & handling.  The site is pretty killer.
Best concrete I've ever seen/run on.

Oh, they tried a Pro tree (all yellow, then green) on Friday for a few
folks.  Nobody did very well.  I think you need a quick reacting car and
staging brakes (or something else that lets you creep into the lights),
along with having the start happen as soon as the last car stages to make
it work.  Also not sure how it would work with handicaps.  Looked like fun
to play with though.

Results are out on the scca site I believe.  I think there might soon be a
run on 3rd gen F-bodies though... :-)

Mark