Re: Oval Racing

To: dkyeung@juno.com
Subject: Re: Oval Racing
From: JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 08:38:25 -0400
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:28:16 -0500
From: <dkyeung@juno.com>

David K Yeung writes:  that sounds kinda like the Richard Petty Driving
Experience thing.
<snip> is that just really too marshmallowed up to suit John Q Public?

David:

The guy that founded Driving 101 (I don't recall the name) started out with
the Richard Petty folks.  The format is a lot like the Petty Experience,
although the cars in Driving 101 are single seaters, so you're out there
lapping by yourself.  Well, sort of.  The instructor is in a similar car,
in front of you, setting the pace and showing you the line through the
corners.  The Petty Esperience has the instructor in the car with the
student, don't they?  You'd still be driving.  I'd say either one of 'em
could be a lot of fun.  If I got a chance to do the Petty Experience, I
wouldn't turn it down!

Peace, Love & Pushrods-

JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB