Hoosiers at Pro Solos

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hoosiers at Pro Solos
From: "Mark Duerst" <LeslieCohenDesign@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:02:37 -0700
I don't understand what all the complaints are regarding Hoosier tire wear.
We have scuffed in and heat cycled the Hoosiers just like we did with Kuhmos
and BFG's.  The Hoosier's seem to be wearing well.  We did rotate more than
one set of tires at the Tour and Pro since we had three drivers but the
tires are still good.  We have a set that we ran 9 runs at the Tour, 14 runs
at the Pro, 13 runs at a wet event (wasn't that entertaining!), and then 16
runs at our local event and they are still good.  I'm wondering if a lot of
people do not have their tires properly inflated and if they don't bother to
heat cycle their tires before racing on them.
Leslie Cohen, SSL ZO6