Re: Speed Creep - Powers to Be Opinion

To: brnrubr@alltel.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speed Creep - Powers to Be Opinion
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:29:16 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/01 7:44:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
brnrubr@alltel.net writes:

> The comment to re-read the rules with emphasis on "normally"
> and "generally. Yes the
> rules are written with out an absolute with reason;
> insurance and law suit reasons. It is our
> opinion the Ft Worth event was not "generally" well within
> the guidelines and the highest
> speeds were in excess of those we want to see. Therefore you
> are not generally correct

I never did say I was speaking for the SCCA or the SSC, I was interpreting
the rules as I read them.

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with the SSC if any of it's members considered
the Ft Worth Tour event course as unsafe or not meeting the rules.  That is
my opinion as a competitor running one the fastest Stock class vehicles (Z06)
and given consideration for the layout of the site.  I consider myself to be
a very safety-oriented Solo2 person and have voiced my opinion many times
about Solo2 course design safety.  I would encourage anyone else who
"attended the event in question" that either agrees or disagrees to voice
their opinion in a letter.

This is our club.  Just because someone serves on a committee does not mean
they are generally correct or normally qualified to speak for the will of
the membership at large.  IMO, any member of the SSC who would make such
public statements without first having made a proper investigation into the
matter and render an agreed upon official ruling would appear to be a loose
cannon and needs to be looked at very closely.

Mark Sipe