Re: Pax index for Formula Junior?

To: Michael King <mapco@att.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pax index for Formula Junior?
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:44:54 -0800 (PST)
I haven't seen an 'official' PAX index for FJ but the
NASA-VA (www.nasaracing.net) uses .790 although the
website currently says ".TBD".  It is a pretty good
number.  Scott (my 14 year old brother) races in the
Prokhana class (with ca$h prizes for top PAX'ed
drivers) and for this year when they introduced the
PAX he placed 2nd in the first event to Rob Faulkner,
winning him $100, and having a PAX time better than
some of the fastest stock drivers in the country.
Although now that he has his kart set up how he likes
it and he is getting good at deciding which gear to
use for optimal top speed and acceleration, he beat
Rob in raw time in Ft. Meyers, who has a much tougher
PAX number! So he'll probably earn quite a bit of
money this year.  I think the number should be closer
to BS PAX.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
CS 98-'91 Yellow MR2