RE: It's a Southern Thing (Was: Re: NASCAR officials

To: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>,
Subject: RE: It's a Southern Thing (Was: Re: NASCAR officials
From: "Michael McAvoy" <thedoc@premier1.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:26:51 -0800
Well, I CAN understand why NASCAR may decline to regulate some safety
equipment.  What I don't understand is why they actively refuse to research
possible safety improvements.  These are two very different things.

When research has been offered to them, they turn it down, and they even
prohibit teams from using data recorders that could be invaluable in
understanding the effects of crashes.

- Michael McAvoy