RE:VW Flip

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:VW Flip
From: GRMPer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:48:15 EST
It's not really a VW only phenomenon.   Put sticky tires on ANYTHING with
less than adequate shocks...and there will be a propensity to roll,  esp.
with a high center of gravity.   A lot of times newcomers will hear the
words:  "tires make the best improvement you can make" and slap a set of
gummies on a car with worn out shocks, bushings,  etc.   Not a good combo.

You can even place bets on some cars going over.   I, unfortunately, have
"won" one of those bets when I predicted a roll last year.

Anything from a VW to a Ford Focus,  even a BMW M3 will roll given certain
conditions.   Hell, even a Miata started looking a little funny this weekend
at the Ft. Myers Pro,   got into a spin and started 'hopping'
sideways...wasn't pretty to watch,  but luckily nothing bad happened.   The
announcer (lindsey lowe?) even mentioned it.

Physics happens.

Per
GRM
Cstock MR2