RE: Tire Size Question?

To: "Eric Ford" <detail@epix.net>, <ax-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tire Size Question?
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:07:27 -0800
> Simple Defintion: My Car wears a 215/50/16
> Simple Question: I'm looking at AutoX tires, Whats Legal and
> whats recommended?
>
> I've looked at the following at a possibility:
>
> Kumho VictoRacer V700  225/50/16 $120-135
>
> Hoosier A3S03 225/50/16 $173
>
> BFG G-force TA R1 205/55ZR16 $150   225/50ZR16 $170
>
> Kumho being the cheapest is my first choice, this will be my first set
> of autox tires...

Kumho will give you a much longer life, and they are little easier to deal
with as far as flat spotting. No brainer, go with Kumho (or the Toyo Proxes
RA-1) :)

 and if I do go with say a 225/50 should I get
> street tires
> in the same size, to avoid alignment woes... or would it be in my
> alignment
> advantage to go with a different size street tire and when I
> switch to the autox
> tires
> be better off...

It doesn't matter. Run the sizes you what for street. My street tires are a
different size.

Randy Chase