No respect!!

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: No respect!!
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 23:24:51 -0600
Howdy all.

I had something rather curious happen to me tonight at our monthly KC Region
SCCA general meeting.

Once all the formal club meeting matters had been taken care of, the meeting
was adjourned and we were released to commence with our monthly bench
racing, beer drinking and fish tale sessions.  A long time member of the
club, and might I add someone for whom I have a great deal of respect, came
up to me and here's pretty much how the conversation ensued, paraphrased of
course since my memory is so bad.

Other person: "If you've got a problem with the way our local club is run
then bring it to the board's attention."

Me:  "What?  What are you talking about?"

Other person: "I just got back from the National Convention and someone from
well outside of our region said that you were on team.net bad mouthing our
(KC) region."

Me: "What?  Well what'd I say that was so bad?"

And he didn't know exactly as it was pretty much second hand.

What I want to know is who would say such a thing about me?  And if someone,
anyone, out there has an issue with something that I posted to team.net
about our KC Region happenings, please talk to me privately (off list) and
let me know exactly what I said that was so bad.  I am truly curious as to
what I may have said that was so bad.

Now I know that lots of folks out there think I have way too much time on my
hands and like to spout off often, both of which are true, but if I've said
anything that truly upset or offended anyone out there please let me know
about it.  I have been known to eat crow a time or two and have become quite
intimate with the particular flavor of my tennis shoes.  Mmm, yummy
Airwalks.  ;^)  But c'mon, what'd I say that was so bad that I'm the "talk
of the town" at the National Convention?

Again, please, if anyone out there has an issue with anything that I've
posted (besides the fact that is was simply me posting, again) please
contact me privately and let's see of we can get this straightened out.

Eric (color me perplexed tonight) Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T  (4 door)
<eric10mm@qni.com>
ICQ# 101282513