Re: Miata - Shocks & Springs

To: "Caleb Miller" <millerca@one.net>, <scott@tengen.com>
Subject: Re: Miata - Shocks & Springs
From: "Dan Bettis" <140mhz24@isoc.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:32:25 -0500
You are 99% right, you can not change the springs at all in stock.  Even if
you keep the stock ride height.  But an shocks are legal as long are you do
not reduce the distance from the lower mounting point (center of the shock
eye) to where the surface that the spring rest one.  You can not modify your
bump stops either, and the stroke must me I believe plus or minus one inch.
If you get Koni make sure you get some with the R model grove cut in them
which is the middle groove if I remember right.

Dan Bettis
140MHZ24@isoc.net
Predator Motorsport   http://www.predatormotorsport.com
96 Miata R 4 CSP