Re: Local event fees?

To: Mdmotorsprt@aol.com
Subject: Re: Local event fees?
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:50:04 -0600
Mdmotorsprt@aol.com wrote:

> Eric.
>
> The only tax issues I am aware of (Kentucky State laws) stipulate a
> filing if the organization's income exceeds $25,000 annually.

The same holds true for the IRS, Mike.  If your region is in good
stead with the IRS (501.C.4 status,) and If your region takes in less
than $25K/year, Then you don't have to file anything.  If, however,
you exceed that $25K threshold, then you have to file a Form 990 or
990T.  And a copy of that is part of the paperwork required to renew
your region's national charter each year.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman