Re: SM 'Street Legal?' Now: cats

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SM 'Street Legal?' Now: cats
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:19:56 -0500
"Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com> wrote:

> Nobody said anything about being liable.  The SCCA shouldn't encourage
its
> members to break the law.

It doesn't. The SCCA makes no value judgements either way. It requires
current plates, and at that point, it ends.

For example, nowhere is there any sort of provisio that the car actually be
*driven* on the street. If you take your SM car, and pull the cat, and then
never take it on a public road, what law are you breaking?

> Just outta curiosity... According to what I know about PA inspections, I
> can get my car inspected with the interior gutted.  Is that legal for SM
> then?

No. The SM rules explicitly require full interiors.

Are we going to explicitly require cats? No. Deal with it.

DG