brakes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: brakes
From: SCCARcr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 22:36:28 EST
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding replacement pads and changing the pads
as well. I have a 98 Dodge Neon.
       1. Is there a better racing/autox compound as compared to OEM pads?  I
currently have OEM pads with 73K+ miles on them!  I went to the MOPAR Parts
counter today and they wanted $152 for just the front pads.  This seems
awfully high to me or am I just cheap?
       2.  Any advice with getting the pads off would be appreciated.  I know
how to take apart the calipers, etc., but am not sure about getting the pads
off.
       3.  I have been told that I should get the rotors machined before I
replace the pads.  Is this the best way to go about changing the pads or can
I just replace the pads without machining the rotors?  They are not warped at
all and working fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brad Pyatt
98 Neon ACR 91 DS