Forwarded message

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded message
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 02:54:14 -0700 (MST)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than autox@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:50:53 -0800
     From: Larry Chan <chan@gdwest.gd.com>
     Subject: Re: Large timing displays

At 4:59 PM -0700 1/6/01, Mark Sirota wrote:
>Questions:
>(1) What display did your club choose?
>(2) Where did you get it?
>(3) How much did you pay for it?
>(4) Are you happy with it?  Are there any issues we ought to know about?
>(5) What software are you using to drive it?  Do you display anything
>       other than times (penalties, countdown timer between heats, ...)

(1) San Diego Region has two JACircuits version which are actually
made by Chronomix. <http://www.chronomix.com/displays.htm>.

(2) We purchased both from Chronomix. The actual display is not
listed on the web page. The spec. are: single sided, with 6 six inch
digital. Similar to the model CC3166 except without the <:> and the
<.> is between digital 3 and 4.

(3) The price should be a little less then the model CC3166. We
deleted the horn/speaker and the keypad controller. Just tell them
you want the <SCCA display> they should know what you're talking
about.

(4) San Diego Region had two of the display for about 5-6 years and
never had any trouble. They are very reliable. The have build-in
re-chargeable batteries that will run a full day if charged the night
before.

(5) None. We just use a y-cable connected to the timer. Maybe with
the keypad, you can do countdown between heats or lunch break.

Larry Chan
San Diego Region